These muffins are maravillosa, to say the least. They’ve got a delicate crunch to them, are 100% bakery-worthy and can be whipped up in no time! These can easily be munched on as part of your breakfast, or packed in your lunchbox (do people still use lunchboxes?) for a banana-y snack.
Let’s get our Betty Crocker/Martha Stewart//Niki Nutrition /(insert great baker name here)/ (insert your name here) on!
Banana Walnut Muffins
Yields: 12 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose (unbleached) flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 6 tbsp. water
- 4 tbsp. soy beverage
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (+ extra for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients (except walnuts) together in a food processor and pulse.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into a greased muffin tin, and top each muffin with a few walnut pieces for decoration.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before enjoying these.
- To die for 😉