Baby, it’s cold outside!
This soup should help 😉
If you’re anything like me, you love making soups for the winter “hibernation” period! During the harsh winter months, curling up in warm blankets and flannel pyjamas and consuming nothing but warm food and beverages is my protocol 😉 This soup fits the bill and helps me embrace winter.
Made with golden yellow beets, aromatic (and tear-inducing) onion, fragrant ginger, sour lemon and starchy potatoes, this bright yellow soup is as delicious as the combination of its ingredients is surprising.
So go on my hibernating bears, time to get warmed up! 🙂
Coziest Golden Beet Soup
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 2 lbs (1 kg) golden beets, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice (juice of 1/2 lemon)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add coconut oil and chopped onions to a large soup pot and heat on medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Once onions are soft, add the veggie broth, potato, chopped beets, ginger, lemon zest and lemon juice. Cook until potato and beets are tender.
- Using a hand-held blender, blender or food processor, blend soup until creamy.