This crisp salad is full of well-balanced and delicate summer flavours. Plus, it contains fennel, which is a veg of many benefits. It is a source of vitamin C, fiber, folate and potassium and is known to be great for digestion. More specifically, it can help soothe bloating, gas and acid reflux.
I will definitely be making this over and over and over again this season! 🙂 As far as salads go, this one is as simple and delicious as it gets.
Grapefruit & Fennel Salad
- 2 small fennel bulbs (the smaller bulbs tend to be more flavourful and tender)
- 1 pear, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- Handful each of fresh basil and dill
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a large salad bowl.