Today’s beauty of a salad is inspired by and adapted from the Plenty cookbook. Plenty, Plenty More, Nopi and Jerusalem, all by Ottolenghi, are among my favourite cookbooks, and are great for making extremely flavourful meals while transitioning towards a more plant-based diet – I highly recommend them! 🙂
Raspberry & Tomato Salad
- 2 pints raspberries
- 1 red pepper
- 250 g. cherry tomatoes
- 500 g. mixed tomatoes (red, orange, yellow)
- 1 red onion
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. pomegranate molasses
- 1 bunch fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt & pepper, to taste
N.B. I used three colours of tomatoes for this, but you could use any type of tomato, really.
- Place all ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Add dressing.
- Mix and serve.
- Eat mindfully (a.k.a. enjoy each bite, don’t eat in front of the tv or a computer, eat slowly, etc. 😉 )
Fresh and local tomatoes and berries yield the best results! This salad is naturally sweet and makes for great eye candy! 😉