Nothing beats a good hummus, I think we can all agree. But if you’re in the mood for a little healthy change, why not try your hand at making baba ghannoush? It’s unbelievably easy and quick, and its taste is powerful (read: garlick-y) and delicious.
- 2 medium-large eggplants
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Set your oven to broil.
- Cook eggplants lengthwise and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cook for 30-40 minutes, until flesh is tender and skin is charred.
- Scoop flesh into food processor, add other ingredients, and give it a whirl.
- Scoop into a serving bowl and garnish with cumin, sesame seeds, fresh mint and/or pomegranate arils.
- Enjoy with raw veggies, tortilla chips or your favourite crackers. I am really loving Mary’s organic crackers these days.
Let me know how much you love it! 😉