Wait! Don’t throw out those overly ripe bananas! Put them to good use by making this incredibly easy recipe. You’re very welcome 😉 These cookies require minimal ingredients (only 5!) and are packed with satiating fiber, heart-healthy potassium and immune-strengthening beta-glucans. And, they’re fun to make with the kids (level of difficulty: slim to none).
Let’s get going! 🙂
Oat & Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup of oats
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp. soy beverage
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsp. your favourite jam (I used fieldberry)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor, mix all ingredients (except jam) until bananas are well mashed. Do not overprocess, you still want to have oat pieces in there, as opposed to a paste.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll into 12 balls. Place each ball on the parchment, and flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Using your thumb, press into the center of each cookie to make space to allow for jam.
- Fill the mini holes with your favourite jam.
- Plop in the oven for about 13-15 minutes, until cookies are golden.
- Cookies are ready! 🙂