Soft, light, moist and yummy muffins that aren’t overly sweet. In this recipe,
- Apricots confer the sweetness and while they’re at it, they provide precious fiber, potassium and magnesium,
- Bananas act like eggs: binding, fluffing and moistening the batter,
- Turmeric helps reduce inflammation,
- Buckwheat stabilizes energy levels, thanks to a low glycemic index,
- Chia seeds satiate your tummy with soluble fiber,
- Oats boost immunity thanks to the contained beta-glucans,
- Berries contribute to cancer prevention, because of their high levels of antioxidants,
- Soy beverage pitches in some calcium and protein, crucial elements for your muscles and contraction thereof.
What synergy! 🙂
More importantly, they are insanely delicious and scream with rich berry flavour. If I’m being honest, these didn’t even last 24 hours in my household (and our household only consists of 2 people)! 😉
Berry, Banana & Turmeric Spiced Muffins
Yield: 12 wonderful muffins
- 1 cup Brazil nuts or soaked almonds
- 1 cup oats (+ 1/4 cup for garnish)
- 2/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 10 dried apricots
- 3 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla soy beverage
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 3/4 cup blueberries, blackberries and/or raspberries
Works well with all berries (photographic proof provided 😉 )
Messy but goody!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease your muffin pan with oil.
- Blend all dry ingredients together in a food processor until a flour-like consistency is obtained. Transfer dry mix into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add all wet ingredients (excluding berries) to food processor and blend until smooth. Add to dry ingredients.
- Fold in the berries.
- Divvy up the batter into the muffin tray. Top each muffin with a couple berries and garnish with a sprinkle of oats.
- Bake for about 18 minutes.
- Your job is done! 😉
- Eat as they are or slather on some nut butter for some extra flavour and protein.
Abso-freaking-lutely delicious! Enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea! 🙂