It’s gonna be hot hot hot! Hot pink, that is!
This easy breezy beautiful recipe is an amazing and creamy beet hummus, which pairs fantastically with nachos, pita wedges or raw veggies (or your finger 😉 ).
I love this mega healthy hummus with all my heart – and with all my liver! That’s because beets are great for liver health, due to the betalain they contain, which supports your body’s natural detoxification process. Also, did you know beets have actually been grown since pre-historic times but were initially grown only for their leaves. I’m glad someone was brave enough to first attempt to wash/cook/peel/eat the funny looking things! 🙂 Let’s dedicate this recipe to that person! 😉
On that note, let’s make some wholesome beet hummus, yo!
- 1 medium cooked beet, peeled
- 15-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon, zest & juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds, + extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Add all ingredients to the food processor and pulse.
- Spoon into serving bowl and garnish with the extra sesame seeds.
Party food! 🙂