Zucchini in oats is the best thing since greens in smoothies. I love sneaking greens into things as they provide extra fiber and antioxidants without altering the taste.
Here’s how to get these zoats into your belly.
Zucchini Zoats with Berries
- 2/3 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1/3 cup soy beverage
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground vanilla bean
- 1 tbsp. nut butter of your choice
- 2 tbsp. walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup berries and/or jam
- In a pot, bring steel-cut oats, soy beverage, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla bean to a boil.
- Lower heat and cook for 15-20 minutes, until oatmeal is thick and has absorbed all water.
- Once oatmeal is ready, stir in the grated zucchini.
- I heated up my berries in a pan along with some jam to make a fruit coulis.
- Top oats with nut butter, fruit coulis and nuts.