Just one look at this cake and you know it will please you.
Banana and chocolate are a classic flavour combo. This cake tastes terrific, is deceptively healthy and is a great way to use those speckled/speckling bananas. It is moist and sweet with all the natural sweetness of pureed bananas. Plus, it’s no bake! Gotta love that!
In fact, this cake is so good it doesn’t even need frosting. 😉
Avocados may taste creamy and “unfibrous”, but did you know they are an excellent source of fiber to keep your plumbing running smoothly? One avocado contains almost 13 grams of fiber, which is about half your daily need!
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cup Macadamia nuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried coconut
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 2 very ripe bananas (like 1 day away from fruit flies – tee hee)
- 2 avocados
- 6 tbsp. vanilla or chocolate almond milk
- 4 tbsp. fair-trade cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 5 tbsp. honey
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients for the crust and pat down into a cake pan.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients for the filling and top crust with the chocolatey goodness.
- Decorate with any fruits or nuts you have on hand. Get creative!
Oh happy day!