Classic Greek salad never goes out of style! For today’s recipe, I wanted to make a vegan version of the king of salads while keeping it as authentic as possible. The result is deliciously Greek, but see for yourself! 🙂
Greek Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 can hearts of palm
- 1 can black olives, sliced
- 1 can green olives, sliced
- 1 cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 2 pints tomatoes, red and yellow
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the quinoa in double its volume of water. Fluff with a fork and allow to cool.
- Once quinoa has cooled, stir in the nutritional yeast.
- Chop the cucumber, tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, onion and hearts of palm.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, chopped veggies and sliced olives. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Now if only we could be eating this gazing into the beautiful blue waters of Hellas!