If you are an observant person, you may have noticed that I really like gazpachos. What I love even more than gazpachos themselves, is playing around with the ingredients contained in them. This recipe is proof and the proof’s in the pudding.
With summer around the corner (11 days to go until its official start – the countdown is on people!), I wanted to share a gazpacho recipe containing strawberries, to provide a summery twist on a classic. Mint’s coolness and jalapeño’s heat are a perfect contrast for your palate. Is this gazpacho authentic? Most certainly not, but I don’t mind if you don’t! 😉
This gorgeous soup is great as it comes together in minutes in a blender. If Speedy Gonzalez were a soup, it would be this one. 🙂
If you’re wondering why strawberries are an exceptional addition to your diet/life/soup, here are a few reasons:
- They contain anthocyanins which help fight cancer.
- They also contain ellagic acid, which has antioxidant and anticancer properties.
- Research from Harvard Medical School has found that individuals who reportedly consumed the highest amounts of strawberries had lower blood levels of C-reactive protein, a biological marker for inflammation in blood.
- Their taste. Enough said.
Mint & Jalapeño Strawberry Gazpacho
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber, skin removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 14 fresh mint leaves (more or less)
- 1/4 cup red onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients – ready for action!
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor.
- Garnish with fresh mint.
- Hydrate your beautiful body with this summer soup.