If you ask me, April is all about the fantastic candy creme and fondant Cadbury eggs. Always has been, always will be. What can I say, I am a devout worshipper of the church of Cadbury, tee hee. However, the eggs are made with pretty processed ingredients, and aren’t very vegan. These eggs will allow you to take a walk/skip/moonwalk down memory lane while the vegan gods smile down on you. 😉
Vegan Cadbury Eggs
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup coconut butter (note: this is not the same thing as coconut oil)
- 2 tbsp. honey (or other sweetener of your choice)
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1 cup dark chocolate organic fair-trade chips
- In a food processor, mix cashew butter, coconut butter and honey. This will later be your egg white mixture. Add it to a bowl.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons and add turmeric to this. Mix well and add to a second bowl. This will be the egg yolk mix.
- Add both bowls to the freezer for 5 minutes to chill and solidify mixture.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips.
- Remove egg yolk bowl from freezer and roll into 6-7 small balls. Place in fridge.
- Remove egg white bowl from freezer, roll into 6-7 balls and flatten.
- Place each yolk on a flattened egg white and roll, so as to hide the yellow yolk ball in the center of the white ball.
- Coat in melted chocolate and place in fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut in half if you want to serve more people, and serve! 🙂
Pop a few in your mouth and call it a holiday. 😉