Brunch just got sexy.
Put on your fluffiest slippers, pour yourself a hot cup of coffee and get frying!
I love brunch.
To me, brunch is about more than the food being served, it’s about who you are sharing it with. Brunch is worth waking up for, on those lazy weekend mornings when sleeping in sounds like the only option. It is perfect for cocooning time, a time to catch up with loved ones, unwind, hatch great plans, be nostalgic about moments past, etc. So here is a fresh (and fried) idea for your brunch, don’t worry, it’s healthy-ish 🙂 .
These fritters will make your morning a whole lot less boring (only joking, sort of, hehe).
Bean & Veggie Non-Cheese Fritters
- 3 cups broccoli
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cup of white beans
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup vegan cheese (I used Daiya) + extra for gratin
- 2 tbsp. hemp seeds
- Multigrain bread crumbs
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Oil for frying
- Pulverize broccoli, mushrooms, beans, garlic, nutritional yeast, hemp seeds, salt and pepper in a food processor.
- Stir in apple cider vinegar and vegan cheese.
- Roll into balls (the size of ping-pong balls) and coat in breadcrumbs.
- Add to oiled pan, flatten into patties using the back of a spoon.
- Fry until outsides are golden brown.
- Serve with organic sweet potato fries or home-made hash browns (mmmm!). I chose to serve the fritters with old fashioned mustard, regular mustard, Dijon mustard and hummus but please feel free to throw in any of your personal favourite sauces. 😉
Cute and (un)cheesy morcels.