“Yes we can!” …..make our own hummus. I`m not sure that`s quite what Obama had in mind when he pronounced those words but that`s my story and I`m sticking to it. I simply adore hummus, to the point that I think it should be a food group 🙂 . However, I do find the store-bought versions are quite heavy and hard to digest at times so yesternight, I set out on a mission to make home-made hummus and let me tell you: a) it`s probably one of the easiest recipes I`ve ever made and b) it`s probably the most succulent hummus I`ve ever laid my taste buds on. My trusty food processor made making this way too easy.
- 540 ml can organic chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/4 cup of lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 cup of sesame tahini
- 1 large garlic clove (use less or none if you prefer as the whole clove makes the garlic taste quite potent)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. water
- Sea salt and paprika to taste
- Place all ingredients into food processor.
- Blend until delicious hummus is obtained.
- Enjoy this Middle Eastern treat.