Boy do I love me some Sunjay Gupta tea. “What????”, you may ask. Good question. This recipe is brought to you by none other than CNN`s medical correspondent: Dr.Sunjay Gupta, who claims he drinks this tea before hitting the hay. This tea is said to have calming properties, largely due to its turmeric content. Here are the ingredients that make up this easy-to-concoct beverage.
1) Almond milk – enriched with calcium and vitamin D, confers a velvetty creamy texture to the drink.
2) Ground turmeric – ever present in Ayurvedic medicine traditons (an alternative form of plant-based medicines and treatments that originate from the Indian subcontinent); this spice is anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and may help prevent against Alzheimer`s disease.
3) Ground cinnamon – an anti-cancer, blood sugar-stabilizing and antioxidant spice.
4) Ground ginger – another anti-inflammatory spice which helps calm upset stomachs.
Easy shmeasy recipe for this tea:
1 cup almond milk
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1) Bring almond milk to a boil on stovetop.
2) Remove from stovetop and add spices and honey.
3) Stir and sip away before heading to dreamland.
Sweet dreams! 🙂